Mr. DeVore's Classroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drug Courts

+31
tnunemaker
Damain Gassman
Crow_Kaitlyn
JoeL
Dierra.s
AmandaS
Derek M
EricM
Ami B
claytonk
DanielB
TylerS
Hailey S
Cody H.
Maddie B
SethV
Bri M
Izzy
mark n
Jacob S.
cgimse
mochathunder9898
Sneha
JesseH
LindseyS
Josh K
TristanB
RachaelButz
LoganH
T-Lexi
Admin
35 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What should happen with drug courts?

Drug Courts - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Drug Courts - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 23 ]
Drug Courts - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Drug Courts - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 29 ]
Drug Courts - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Drug Courts - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 54

Poll closed

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty Re: Drug Courts

Post  TylerS Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:31 pm

I think drug courts are a good idea, they seem effective. And we should fund them.

TylerS

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty They should expand

Post  DanielB Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:31 pm

They should expand because they are helping criminals get back on their feet after they kick their addiction. Even though the drug courts adds another thing to do for a judge i feel its worth it

DanielB

Back to top Go down

Post  claytonk Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Where i stand on this issue is knowing the basics of this issue so far. They should expand because they seem to be useful to me because the video we watched yesterday showed that the guy changed so i think they should expand.

Clayton k

claytonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cody H. Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:33 pm

TristanB wrote:I think Drug courts are a good idea. Although they may not work for some, most have been proven to be a positive outcome. I think we should keep them.

What results are good unless they are shown for a period time. There are no long term studies and I think that before more should be built, there should be a significant amount of studies.

Cody H.

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty Drug Courts

Post  Ami B Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:33 pm

I think drug courts are an okay idea. I think there are better things that can help people get off drugs. I like that they don't use taxes and they do drug tests, but I don't like how someone could do drugs and not get punished for it.

Ami B

Back to top Go down

Post  EricM Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:45 pm

I think drug courts are an okay idea. There are too many people on drugs in the US, and there are a lot of problems associated with that fact. (Stealing to support habits, health risks, buying illegally, etc) Drug courts might be a good way to get people off drugs and help them become a more productive citizen. However, I don't think there should be huge amounts of money poured into projects like this.

EricM

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty Nope.

Post  Derek M Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:45 pm

I don't think there should be any of them because if they just bring in a ton of people and attempt to help them and it turns out that recidivism isn't decreasing at all they aren't working. Also there's a thing called rehab to help drug abusers quit there drugs.

Derek M

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty drug courts

Post  AmandaS Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Drug courts are a very positive thing. They save tax money and give drug addicts a second chance. Drug courts have been proven to reduce crime and help to eliminate the abuse of drugs and alcohol. They help criminals and drug addicts get back on their feet and turn their lives around. We should continue funding drug courts in the US.

AmandaS

Back to top Go down

Post  Dierra.s Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:48 pm

I think Drug Courts are a good idea. Although some of the courts have not been successful, some of them still claim good outcomes. I think we should keep them but not increase the numbers.

Dierra.s

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty JoeL

Post  JoeL Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:49 pm

I believe that drug courts are a good idea. I think this because instead of just locking up the drug offenders, they teach them right from wrong and help them rehabilitate until they are able to become a drug-free citizen. Also since they bring in $2-3 for every dollar invested, they could be potentially beneficial financially. That is why I think drug courts will be a good idea.

JoeL

Back to top Go down

Post  EricM Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Derek M wrote:I don't think there should be any of them because if they just bring in a ton of people and attempt to help them and it turns out that recidivism isn't decreasing at all they aren't working. Also there's a thing called rehab to help drug abusers quit there drugs.

That is true that rehab already exists to fight drug addiction

EricM

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty Drug Courts

Post  Crow_Kaitlyn Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:51 pm

I think they aren't really a good thing.I believe that if you need help you should seek it out at a rehabilitation center and receive the proper professional help.

Crow_Kaitlyn

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty Drug courts

Post  Damain Gassman Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:52 pm

I do think drug courts are OK. I don't think they should build more of them though but they are making some changes in people's live.

Damain Gassman

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty TERRA!!

Post  tnunemaker Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Drug courts are a pointless idea. They make too many unnecessary arrests, treat criminals like patients, and doesn't help recidivism at all.

tnunemaker

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty Malia G

Post  mgudenkauf1 Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:53 pm

I think that drug courts should stay around, but they shouldn't increase in size. I believe that they are effective by helping rehabilitate "patients". Also studies show that the police have arrested more criminals by having drug courts. Overall I think that they are somewhat helpful so we should keep the same amount of courts we have right now.

mgudenkauf1

Back to top Go down

Post  AmandaS Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:53 pm

JoeL wrote:I believe that drug courts are a good idea. I think this because instead of just locking up the drug offenders, they teach them right from wrong and help them rehabilitate until they are able to become a drug-free citizen. Also since they bring in $2-3 for every dollar invested, they could be potentially beneficial financially. That is why I think drug courts will be a good idea.

I agree. Teaching them right from wrong and helping them kick their addiction is way more beneficial then just sending them to prison.

AmandaS

Back to top Go down

Post  Damain Gassman Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:54 pm

AmandaS wrote:Drug courts are a very positive thing. They save tax money and give drug addicts a second chance. Drug courts have been proven to reduce crime and help to eliminate the abuse of drugs and alcohol. They help criminals and drug addicts get back on their feet and turn their lives around. We should continue funding drug courts in the US.
Yes they have been able to reduce crime but not by much as stated in the argument against drug courts. we shouldn't continue to fund these.

Damain Gassman

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeL Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 pm

I agree with Eric because it will be a better way for the drug abusers to get back to a normal life without drugs instead of just locking them up. JoeL
EricM wrote:I think drug courts are an okay idea. There are too many people on drugs in the US, and there are a lot of problems associated with that fact. (Stealing to support habits, health risks, buying illegally, etc) Drug courts might be a good way to get people off drugs and help them become a more productive citizen. However, I don't think there should be huge amounts of money poured into projects like this.

JoeL

Back to top Go down

Drug Courts - Page 2 Empty TERRA

Post  tnunemaker Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Dierra.s wrote:I think Drug Courts are a good idea. Although some of the courts have not been successful, some of them still claim good outcomes. I think we should keep them but not increase the numbers.

Evil or Very Mad If they only help some people, why not establish a better program that is guaranteed to help out more people? Twisted Evil

tnunemaker

Back to top Go down

Post  mgudenkauf1 Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 pm

tnunemaker wrote:Drug courts are a pointless idea. They make too many unnecessary arrests, treat criminals like patients, and doesn't help recidivism at all.
I think that we shouldn't get rid of them completely b/c they do help some criminals in some ways. I do agree with you that they are pointless to some people. therefore we shouldn't get rid of them completely ans we shouldn't make anymore. lol!

mgudenkauf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyatt J. Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:56 pm

I think we should keep the amount of drug courts but not increase them because there has been little improvement/success rate. Therefore we do not need to add anymore.

Wyatt J.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron G Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:57 pm

I believe that drug courts are a positive idea four our society. The overall crime are being reduced. The drug courts give the criminals a second chance. It saves everyone money and mainly the taxpayers. Once the inmate gets out of jail, he/she will be an overall better person. Finally, these people can live a normal life with most of the drugs off the street.

Cameron G

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyatt J. Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:58 pm

EricM wrote:
Derek M wrote:I don't think there should be any of them because if they just bring in a ton of people and attempt to help them and it turns out that recidivism isn't decreasing at all they aren't working. Also there's a thing called rehab to help drug abusers quit there drugs.

That is true that rehab already exists to fight drug addiction

This is true because there has been little improvement

Wyatt J.

Back to top Go down

Post  T-Lexi Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 am

[quote="RachaelButz"]I think drug courts are a good idea because they will teach drug users and stuff that its bad and they will learn their lesson. Plus they will be sober for a long time, so they won't want to get addicted again. [This is a great idea Rachael!! they will definitely learn their lesson! forsho! It would also benefit them that they would be sober for a long time so they don't have the urge to drink! pirat confused alien cat pig sunny drunken

T-Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post  Veda L Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Drug courts are over all a good idea, I think if a person wants to change their ways it's a good way for them to do so. If someone is in denial, or unwilling to change, there isn't a point in trying to help them change something that they don't want to.

Veda L

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum